Week 3 of the college football season is here, and there’s a plethora of compelling games headlining what could be another crazy week of action for fans. On CBS, No. 22 Penn State will become the first Big Ten team to face Auburn at Jordan-Hare Stadium when the two play Saturday afternoon. This Big Ten vs. SEC showdown sees the Tigers looking for revenge at home after a 28-20 loss to the Nittany Lions in Happy Valley last season.
Elsewhere, No. 6 Oklahoma will rekindle its rivalry with Nebraska and No. 13 Miami will travel to College Station, Texas to face No. 24 Texas A&M. All sorts of mayhem was unleashed this past weekend in a wild Week 2, including at College Station where Appalachia State topped the Aggies in a stunning upset.
Saturday’s drama should be plentiful, and below we’ve provided a handy viewing guide to help you navigate all the action. All times Eastern.
The best games
No. 6 Oklahoma Nebraska — noon on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): Mickey Joseph will lead the Cornhuskers out of the tunnel and into the post-Scott Frost era after the legendary former Cornhuskers quarterback was fired on Sunday. He’ll see former Big 12 rival Oklahoma on the other sideline, and no doubt a win on one of the most consistent programs of the past decade would ease the tension at Lincoln.
No. 24 Penn State at Auburn – 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports app (Free): This is a critical game for an Auburn team that not only struggled against San Jose State last weekend, but has a coach in Bryan Harsin who nearly ran away in February. This could be a pivotal point for program management against a Nittany Lions team that would like to make a big statement in the SEC country.
No. 12 BYU at No. 25 Oregon — 3:30 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The college football world has seemingly scrapped the Ducks after they were smoked by Georgia in Week 1, but freshman coach Dan Lanning could erase that disappointment with a victory over a Cougars team that topped Baylor in a double overtime thriller last week. If you haven’t watched Cougars quarterback Jaren Hall, check him out.
No. 11 Michigan State at Washington – 7:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): The Huskies lead the Pac-12 in passing and the Spartans pass defense was its Achilles heel last year despite beating Pittsburgh in the Peach Bowl. We’ll know a lot about both teams after what should be a fun atmosphere inside Husky Stadium.
No. 13 Miami at No. 24 Texas A&M — 9 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free): This game was already dripping with intrigue due to the Aggies’ desperation after losing to Appalachian State last week, and a statement could be made by the Hurricanes with a win in SEC country. Coach Jimbo Fisher has reportedly made a quarterback switch from Haynes King to Max Johnson, further heightening interest.
The best of the rest
- Georgia No. 1 in South Carolina – noon on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- UConn at No. 4 Michigan — noon on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Youngstown State at No. 9 Kentucky – noon on SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Texas State at No. 17 Baylor – noon on FS1, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Villanova to the Army – Noon on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com Where CBS Sports app
- California at Notre Dame — 2:30 p.m. on NBC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 20 Ole Miss at Georgia Tech — 3:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Vanderbilt at Northern Illinois – 3:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com Where CBS Sports app
- UL-Monroe at No. 2 Alabama – 4 p.m. on the SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Freedom at No. 19 Wake Forest – 5 p.m. on the ACC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Mississippi State at LSU – 6 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Toledo at No. 3 Ohio State – 7 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Oklahoma State No. 8 — 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Missouri State at No. 10 Arkansas – 7 p.m. on SEC Network+, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Akron at No. 15 Tennessee – 7 p.m. on SEC Network+, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Texas Tech at No. 16 NC State – 7 p.m. on ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- South Florida at No. 18 Florida – 7:30 p.m. on the SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 23 Pittsburgh at Western Michigan – 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU, fuboTV (Try for free)
- UCF at FAU – 7:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com Where CBS Sports app
- Louisiana Tech at No. 5 Clemson – 8 p.m. on the ACC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- UTSA at No. 21 Texas – 8 p.m. on the Longhorn Network
- San Diego State at No. 14 Utah — 10 p.m. on ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Fresno State at No. 7 USC – 10:30 p.m. ET on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free)