Buckle up and brace yourself, college football fans. Week 7 is blessed to be one of the craziest weekends we’ve seen this season. No. 3 Alabama will travel to Rocky Top to take on No. 6 Tennessee in the annual rivalry known as the “Third Saturday in October.” The Volunteers will look to break Crimson Tide’s 15-game winning streak in the series and firmly establish themselves as a threat to make the college football playoffs.
Elsewhere, No. 10 Penn State is on the road to face No. 5 Michigan in a critical showdown with the Big Ten East, No. 8 Oklahoma State will face No. 13 TCU, No. 15 Syracuse will look to remain undefeated against No. 18 NC State and No. 7 USC will travel to Salt Lake City to face No. 20 Utah in a critical Pac-12 game.
It’s going to be a busy Saturday across the country, so here’s a handy guide to help you navigate the action. All times Eastern.
The best games
No. 10 Penn State at No. 5 Michigan — noon on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The Nittany Lions have had two weeks to prepare for the biggest game of the young season. Quarterback Sean Clifford and the Nittany Lions’ offensive drive will have a huge challenge against a Wolverines defense that has been one of the best in the country all season.
No. 3 Alabama at No. 6 Tennessee – 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App: Will Crimson Tide quarterback and 2021 Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young play? and could be needed to drive a high-scoring case against a Volunteers offense led by Heisman Trophy contender Hendon Hooker.
No. 8 Oklahoma State at No. 13 TCU – 3:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): The undefeated Horned Frogs, led by veteran quarterback Max Duggan and a host of receivers, were one of the . Meanwhile, the Cowboys have just rolled … hiding on the sidelines of the CFP race. Both of these teams need signature wins, and this is a perfect place to put one on the resume.
#15 NC State at #18 Syracuse – 3:30 p.m. on the ACC Network, fuboTV (Try for free): The Wolfpack need to pick up a win to stay in contention for the ACC title, and could miss (or without a completely healthy) Devin Leary under center. The Orange will have huge home-court advantage in the biggest game of the Dino Babers era, and would make a huge statement with a win over a ranked foe in a conference game.
No. 16 Mississippi State at No. 22 Kentucky — 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free): The status of Wildcats quarterback Will Levis is up in the air, and they’ve struggled to head the ball consistently. Owning time for the possession battle can be critical against a Bulldogs offense that can score in haste.
No. 7 USC at No. 20 Utah – 8 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The Trojans are actually the underdogs against the Utes despite an ultra-dynamic attack and an opportunistic defense. This primetime game could be a chance for Trojans quarterback Caleb Williams to make a big statement against a Utes defense that struggled last week against UCLA.
The best of the rest
- Auburn at No. 9 Ole Miss – Noon on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 19 Kansas at Oklahoma – noon on ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Iowa State at No. 22 Texas – noon on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Minnesota at No. 24 Illinois – noon on Big Ten Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Colgate to the Army — noon on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App
- Vanderbilt at No. 1 in Georgia – 3:30 p.m. on the SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Ohio at Western Michigan – 3:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App
- No. 25 James Madison at Georgia Southern — 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- LSU at Florida – 7 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Utah State at Colorado State – 7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App
- No. 4 Clemson at Florida State – 7:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Stanford at Notre Dame — 7:30 p.m. on NBC, fuboTV (Try for free)