Today, developers Cloud Imperium Games released Alpha 3.17.2 to the Public Test Universe, a significant update for its in-development game, Star Citizen. The latest update allows players to find new locations like Abandoned Scavengers scattered throughout, old outposts with loot, as well as a dynamic new event to jump into. If you want to know more about the Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.2 now available, check out the details below.
Star Citizen Public Test Universe Alpha 3.17.2
Siege of Orison Dynamic Event
- In this dynamic new event, the outlaw group Nine-Tails have taken control of Crusader Industries’ corporate sales platforms by establishing a no-fly zone to prevent access by air. Siege of Orison takes place in an all-new location on four sprawling, highly detailed platforms that, when combined, provide a massive area nearly equal to that of its own landing zone. The event is primarily focused on FPS combat, with players working together to help Crusader Industries regain control of platforms and disable the Inverter Device by taking down Nine Tails Lieutenants on each platform to lure in the tough Commander Nine Tails.
Server capacity of 100 players
- The maximum number of players on a server has been doubled from 50 to 100 players! This increase adds emerging new gameplay for large group activities, including space battles, races, and more. This represents the next step on the road to server mesh implementation as CIG continues to work on ongoing network and stability improvements.
New Derelict Reclaimer POIs and Missions
- A new abandoned Reclaimer POI has been added to microTech for players to explore, providing new types of missions and loot. The new location supports the AI Planetary Nav Mesh, allowing the introduction of combat missions featuring NPCs. An additional derelict space salvager has also been added along with three new custom mission types.
Abandoned colonial outposts
- Recently shown to the Star Citizen community in a development livestream, Outposts are finally ready for pilots to explore! Five abandoned colonial outposts have been added across the Stanton system, with their farm-based design first shown at CitizenCon 2021.
AI planetary navigation
- The first iteration of the planetary navigation mesh is now live, allowing NPCs to navigate the varied terrain of planets and even land delivery ships to provide troop reinforcements. The technology will serve as the basis for future content planned for Citizen of the Stars.
- Control the skies with the Anvil Centurion, now available to drive in-game! This short-range anti-aircraft vehicle houses both the pilot and a dedicated gunner and features four energy weapons with unlimited ammo to dominate local airspace. The Centurion is a staple for all combined arms forces, providing essential support to ground troops.
Illegal delivery missions
- By expanding the existing courier and delivery missions, brand new illegal variants have been added to the game. Once players have earned a reputation as a reliable business partner performing legal missions for outlaw factions, they will have the opportunity to pursue a career in the transport of illicit goods. These missions offer greater rewards but come with added risks of being banned by security forces or encountering other criminal players who want the illicit goods for themselves.
With the release of Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.2, the developers at Cloud Imperium Games show that they continue to add content and update the space exploration game. A game that cleared 489 million in its crowdfunding with a total of 4 million registered users, including free and paid accounts. If you’re interested in the future of Star Citizen, you can check out a overview of development status and plans directed by creative director Chris Roberts. Finally, you can head over to Cloud Imperium Games development page to follow their work on Star Citizen or any other project.